What is ads.txt?
Ads.txt is a method to declare the seller as Authroized. Hence the publisher will sell the inventory to authorized seller. This will mainly helps publisher while getting inventory in RTB through ad exchanges.
How it works?
Publisher need to place the Seller details on the the txt file. This text file should be hosted on the publisher domain as like robots.txt.
Declaration for ads.txt
• ads.txt file hosted at the publisher’s website, like robots.txt
• One line per authorized seller with up to four fields:
• Domain name of the advertising system
• Publisher’s account ID
• Type of account/relationship (DIRECT or RESELLER)
• Certification authority ID (currently TAG ID)
Example for publishers working with Google products
google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
google.com, pub-0000000000000000, RESELLER, f08c47fec0942fa0
Example for publishers working with other SSPs/exchanges
#< SSP/Exchange Domain >, < SellerAccountID >, < PaymentsType >, < TAGID >
greenadexchange.com, 12345, DIRECT, AEC242
blueadexchange.com, 4536, DIRECT
silverssp.com, 9675, RESELLER