This issue mainly arises because of incorrect tagging in the site. Most of the developers use custom type of tagging structure depends on their site usage which ends in ad fetch failing issue.
What are the steps which needed to rectify this issue?
- Recommended to use simple tagging structure by either generating in Google ad Manager (DFP) or external Tag generator.
- SRA (Single Request Architecture) is not recommended if the defined ad slot in the header and display ad slot in the body is not implemented equally on the page. (Number of ad slots in the header and body should match)
- If disable initial load is used in the tagging?. Refresh function must be added in Body tags.
- Check is there any spell mistake in ad unit name.
- Do not include any space after the network id or ad unit code in the tagging.
- Make sure network id is correctly added in the tag.
- Do not mix the Async and Sync Tag together on the same page
- Do not implement the same ad slot twice or more on the same page.
- DIV id of the header and body tag should match each other but should not use the same DIV id for the different ad slots again.
- Always recommended to use unique DIV id for each ad slots.
- Size mapping may defined wrongly on the Ad slot. Check and correct it.
- Custom styling to hide or display ad slot(Body Tag) will cause this issue.
- As per the latest update , Consent information are not passed correctly, in that case it will show error. To check try removing consent signals and fix.
Hope this article helps to find way to solution.
Thank You !!!!
*The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by How to Fix Ad unit failed to fetch issue? and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.