Plenty of small publishers are getting confused on serving video ads using Google ad manager free account. Actually it does not require any 360 premium account.
This article describes about the Preroll ads. Here I’m going to explain in step by step tutorial.
1. Create video ad unit in Google Ad Manager.
Login –> Inventory –> Ad Unit –> New Ad unit
2. Generate Ad tag for the created video ad unit.
Select Tag Type: Google Publisher Tag for video and audio
3 . Select Player SDK Type: Google IMA SDK
4. Continue to add description URL (Where the player going to be hosted).
5. Continue to the next page. Tag will be generated.
6. Next step is copy the VAST tag and configured on the video Player.
7. There are plenty of video players supported VAST. Example Brightcove, JWplayer, Ooyala etc.
8. I’m going to use free video player called “Publitio“. This has the option to connect with wordpress using API key.
9. In Publitio, you need to do 2 steps
- VAST tag is configured on “ads” under Manage section.
- Next configure VAST tag here
10. Next step is to create video player and add the created VAST into it.
11. Add customization on the video player. And select Ad tag id created in previous step
12. Once that is done, Install plugin in word press and connect with API key. API key is available on the publitio dashboard.
13. Then insert block “Search Publito”. Insert Video into the block. See the example.
14. Make sure you have created video line item and targeted the ad unit which you have configured on the player. So that ads will show on the page. Otherwise you will get blank or Vast response is empty
Hope this helps !!!!!
Thank you !!!!.
*The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by How to serve video ads using Google Ad manager? and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.