Conversion tracking is generally available in the paid or premium version where we can generate pixels and add those on tracking on the line item to get conversion details. But how to do in small business account?.
Table of Contents
How to get this in small business account?.
The answer is “NO” for similar feature.
How to Track then?. What is the way to do that?
Need to use Google Analytics and Google Tag manager to get those details.
Is this interesting to learn?
Yes, Go through the article below.
No, sorry for your time. Please send feedback.
To Track click conversions like Downloads or installs using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager:
Generic steps to follow in GTM
- Create a click Trigger
- Trigger the Event
- Filter the Trigger
- Connect the Tag to Google Analytics
Here are the detailed steps to follow in the Google Tag Manager
- Need to create a click tracking button in GTM, Steps follow
- Click “Trigger” –> Click Button (name) –> Trigger Configuration –> Trigger Type –> Click –> All Elements
- Once this done. Goto –> variables –> Click –> Enable all Click variables (Click element, click classes,etc)
- Refresh the preview mode –> Goto the Page –> https://pragmaticwebmedia.com/?utm_source=admanager&utm_medium=CPA&utm_campaign=subscription
- Click anywhere on the page. Click event triggered on the page like below
- 1.Once this fired, click the download button –> Navigate to that click event –> Variables –> Choose the unique identifier from click variables:
- Example: Considering “ Click classes” here.
- Once you found the unique identifier –> Go back –> Trigger –> Click Button –> This trigger fires on –> some Clicks –>
- Add conditions as per the requirement, our example case
- Click Classes contains “wpform-submit” (Replace this with actual identifier) and click plus symbol
- Page URL Contains “?utm_source=admanager”
Steps to connect Tag to GA
- Next to connect GA to Fire a Tag
- Goto Tags –> Click New –> GA Event button –> Tag Configuration –> Click GA –> Track Type –> Event –> Category (Click) –> Action (Download) –> Google Analytics settings (use existing) else –> Enable Overriding –> Tracking ID (enter GA ID)
- Then Need to add the Trigger for this Tag.
- Triggering –> Click Button
- That’s it. Next step to check the tag is firing correctly or not.
- Refresh the preview mode –> Goto the page
Pixel Firing check in GA
- Click download button (on page) –> check the tag is firing or not in the GTM console.
- Once the tag is fired –> Goto GA –> Click Report –> Real Time –> Events –>Can see the events there.
- Final report can be pulled from “Behavior –> Events –> Overview (Note it will take 48 hours to reflect here)
Hope this article helps you !!!!!
*The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by How to track Click conversion in Google Ad Manager Small business account?. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.